PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PRIOR TO USING THIS SITE.
By using this site, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
OWNERSHIP AND RESTRICTIONS ON USE
This site is owned and operated by LAKEFRONT LINES INC (“LAKEFRONT”). All materials contained in this site are the copyrighted property of LAKEFRONT. No material from LAKEFRONTLINES.COM or any Web site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by LAKEFRONT collectively or any one of which is referred to as “the Lakefront Sites” may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of LAKEFRONT’s copyright and other proprietary rights. For purposes of these terms, the use of any such material on any other Web site or computer network environment is expressly prohibited. LAKEFRONT owns all right, title and interest in and to all trademarks, service marks, and trade names included in the Web Site. For additional information about Lakefront’s copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights, please contact the legal department of Lakefront.
To the extent the Web Site provides interactive capabilities that allow you to submit information or data on the Web Site, you expressly acknowledge you may not upload to, distribute through, or otherwise publish through the Lakefront Sites any content which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, illegal, or otherwise objectionable that would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise give rise to liability or violates any law.
By uploading or submitting any materials to us, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) us a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe. In addition, you warrant that all so-called “moral rights” in those materials have been waived.
REGISTRATION, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
When you register with LAKEFRONTLINES.COM, you will create a login name and a password in completing the registration process and will provide us with certain information. It is your responsibility to provide us with true and accurate information during the registration process. Lakefront will accept your information as it is provided to us. We will not verify the truth, accuracy or completeness of your information and we expressly disclaim any liability in connection therewith. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. It is also your sole obligation to immediately notify Lakefront of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
MODIFICATION OF TERMS
Lakefront reserves the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these terms at any time at our discretion. You may check these terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Lakefront Sites subsequent to the revisions of these terms means you accept those changes.
These terms are effective until terminated by LAKEFRONT, for any reason, with or without notice. Upon termination, you must destroy all materials obtained from the LAKEFRONT Sites and all copies thereof, whether made under the terms of these terms or otherwise.
Lakefront, at its discretion, may provide links to other web sites or resources or allow third party web sites to link to LAKEFRONTLINES.COM. Because Lakefront has no control over such web sites or resources, you expressly understand and agree that Lakefront is not responsible in any way or form for the contents, products, advertising, materials, services or resources contained on any other web sites and Lakefront does not endorse or sponsor any third party web sites. Lakefront is not responsible or liable, whether directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss or claims by or in connection with your use or reliance on any content, products, advertising, materials, services or resources available on or through such web sites
THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, LAKEFRONT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. LAKEFRONT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. LAKEFRONT DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT LAKEFRONT) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL LAKEFRONT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE, EVEN IF LAKEFRONT OR A LAKEFRONT AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL LAKEFRONT’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE.
This site is controlled and operated by LAKEFRONT from its offices within the State of Ohio, United States of America. LAKEFRONT makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Cuyahoga County and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and shall not be modified except in writing, signed by all parties.
Lakefront Lines, Inc. and their affiliates act solely as agents in all arrangements with transportation, hotel/motel properties, air, rail, ship companies, taxis, automobile contractors and as such hold themselves free of any and all responsibility for any delay, loss, or accident occasioned by fault or negligence of any company or person en trusted with such service or from whatever cause. Tour rates do not include items of personal nature, laundry, valet service, alcoholic beverages, meals not included in the package, shopping and the like.
We anticipate no changes in published tours, but reserve the right to alter the schedule, change the routing, or substitute places of accommodations ii and when considered advisable, for the comfort and welfare of the passengers. Any additional expenses involved shall be borne by the passenger. Rates are based on tariffs at the time of printing and subject to change without notice.
The right is reserved to cancel any tour prior to departure and in such case, all payments will be refunded without further obligation on our part. The right is also reserved to decline, accept, or retain any person as a member of these tours at any time or place.
It is understood and agreed that the performance of the service detailed in this order is subject to tariff regulations and is contingent upon the Carrier’s ability to furnish the equipment and perform the service. Baggage and all other property will be handled only at passengers’ own risk and only in an amount that can be carried in the charter bus. Any damages to the vehicle, caused by the Charter Party will be charged by the carrier to the Charter Party and these and all of the following conditions are understood and agreed upon.
1. RESERVATIONS–PAYMENTS–DISCOUNTS: Reservations and final payments are due at Lakefront Lines, Inc. office 30 days prior to departure dates. Multi-day reservations are confirmed upon receipt of a $50.00 deposit per person when paying by cash, check, or money order. Multi-day reservations being charged to your MasterCard, Visa or Discover require full payment. One-day reservations require full payment in cash, check, money order, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover. Reserving trips by mail requires a completed reservation form, available at the back of this tour catalog, and deposit or full payment.
Senior citizens booking DIRECTLY with Lakefront Lines, Inc. and having a Buckeye Card will receive a 5% discount. Lakefront Lines, Inc. will honor the 5% discount only at the time of INITIAL BOOKING by mail, telephone, or in our office. This discount does not apply toward any other discount offer and does not apply when booking through a travel agency.
2. CANCELLATIONS–REFUNDS: ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE MADE 30 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE DATE. If cancellations are made after the 30 day deadline, a cancellation charge of $25.00 per person will apply, plus all non-refundable expenses made by us on your behalf. Cancellations within 48 hours or NO SHOWS on the day of departure will result in a loss of the total purchase price of the trip. There is no refund for an unused portion of a trip. Cancellations due to medical/hospital reasons require written notification from the doctor or hospital. This must be received in our office within five (5) days from the date of the cancellation.
Changing a pick-up point, transferring from one name to another, or from one date to another, will result in a $10.00 charge if less than 30 days prior to the departure date. If a check is returned to us for non-sufficient funds, you will be assessed a fee per returned check.
3. PRICE, SUBJECT TO CHANGE: All prices quoted in confirmation represents current tariff rates at the time the bus is ordered and are subject to change. If changes in tariff occur between the time the bus is ordered and the date that the trip actually takes place, then the customer’s charges will be adjusted to reflect the charges in effect on the date of the trip.
4. BAGGAGE: A handling cost of one piece of luggage, per person, is included in the tour cost. All other bags are to be carried by the passenger. Lakefront Lines, Inc. extends every effort to make sure passenger luggage is handled as carefully as possible, but cannot be responsible, assume liability, or accept claims for loss, theft, or damage to said luggage or personal belongings.
5. TIMES: Departure times depend on the destination of a tour. Times will be provided upon confirmation of your reservation. Unless circumstances beyond our control delay these times, departure times will be exact. Return times are approximate and are subject to change. Return times mentioned on each tour are approximate return times to Cleveland. Return times to other locations will vary. We accept no responsibility for travelers not at departure locations at designated times.
6. CHILDREN: For the enjoyment and comfort of all passengers, the minimum age for a tour passenger is eight, unless otherwise indicated.
7. SEATING: Seating assignments are made in conjunction with your deposit or payment. The first passenger making payment on a tour will automatically be assigned the first seat. The second passenger making payment will automatically be assigned the second seat, and so on. We do not rotate seats on any tour. Seating assignments are subject to change. Seat assignments will be given to each passenger at time of boarding only.
8. CLOTHING: Informal, relaxed attire is acceptable. We suggest you include comfortable walking shoes, a sweater or jacket, and a lightweight raincoat. Gentlemen will be notified if sport coats are mandatory.
9. SMOKING: Smoking is not permitted on our tours. Our frequent stops for meals, rest, and sightseeing should accommodate smokers.
10. GRATUITIES: The practice of tipping the driver and escort is customary, but not obligatory. If you wish to show your appreciation, gratuities should be awarded on a voluntary and individual basis. It is not necessary to tip restaurant personnel where meals are included with the tour.
11. DOCUMENTS: American citizens visiting Canada must carry an original birth certificate with a photo I.D. or a passport. Non-citizens of the United States should carry a passport, visa, and necessary traveling papers to insure entry into Canada and return to the United States.
12. CASINOS: Casino bonus changes, dates, or packages are not the responsibility of Lakefront Lines, Inc. Bonuses are an incentive offered by a casino and are not reflected in our price.
13. DOCUMENTS – PASSPORTS: Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid U.S. passport, passport card, or NEXUS card satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens. To reenter the United States from Canada, U.S. citizens must present either a U.S. passport, passport card, NEXUS card, or Enhanced Drivers License. Non-citizens of the United States should carry a passport, visa, and necessary traveling papers to insure entry into Canada and return to the United States. For further inquiries regarding this, please reference http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english.html.
14. PRICING: Our pricing is based on quotations received in late 2014. In the event of an increase or the inability to forecast fuel increases, we reserve the right to increase our prices accordingly.
15. ITINERARIES: Itineraries are subject to change and may vary from day to day, but contents will remain the same.
16. SPECIAL REQUESTS: If a passenger should have a problem requiring special room features, special menus, etc., please note this information on your initial reservation form. We cannot guarantee that the service will be provided, but we will do our part to accommodate your request.
17. ALLOWANCES: No allowances or reductions of any kind shall be made in the rates set forth on an order.
18. ADDITIONAL CHARGES: When at the request of the Chartering Party, any changes in service that results in an increase in miles or hours to that specified on the charter service order furnished, an additional charge shall be made for all such additional service. Any change resulting in a reduction of charges will be subtracted from the estimated cost and will be refunded to the Charter Party after completion of the trip. Tolls, highway fees, etc., will be separate and additional elements in the determination of any additional chargers.
19. DAMAGE TO BUSES: the cost of repairing damage to buses resulting from acts of members of the Chartering Party shall be charged to the Chartering Party and is payable as soon as such cost is determined.
20. ARRIVAL TIME:
(a) The Carrier does not guarantee to arrive at or depart from any point at a specified time, but will endeavor to maintain the schedule submitted by the Chartering Party.
(b) If any act of God, public enemies, authority of law, quarantine, perils of navigation, riots, strikes, the hazards or dangers incident to a state of war, accidents, breakdowns, bad conditions of the road, and other conditions beyond its control, make it in the opinion of the Carrier, inadvisable to operate the chartered vehicle either from the place of origin or any point enroute, the Carrier shall not be liable therefore.
21. EQUIPMENT: Equipment furnished b the Company is thoroughly inspected before being assigned to the charter service to insure uninterrupted service. IF for some reason, beyond the control of the Company, a mechanical failure of any kind makes necessary the replacement of a bus originally assigned to the charter service, the replacement bus may be a different type. In no case shall the Company be liable for consequential damages resulting from mechanical failure or delay. Also, the Carrier will not refund for mechanical failure of standard amenities such as VCR or radio. The Carrier reserves the right to lease equipment form other companies in order to fulfill this charter agreement.
22. OBJECTIONABLE PERSONS: The Company reserves the right to refuse to transport persons under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, or who are incapable of taking care of themselves, or whose conduct is such, or is likely to become such, as to be objectionable to other persons.
23. CONDUCT OF PASSENGERS: Passengers shall not interfere with the operator in the discharge of his duty or tamper with any apparatus or appliance on the bus.
24. DECORATIONS: Decorations to buses must be approved by the Company.
25. EXPLOSIVES and FIREWORKS: Explosives or fireworks shall not be carried on buses or exploded or set off in or from buses.
26. SKI-BOOT, HOLDERS: Because of their irregular shape and hard, sharp corners which represent and extraordinary safety hazard, ski boot holders may only be carried in baggage compartments beneath the bus.
27. UNUSUAL CLEANING: When the nature of the charter trip is such that a greater than normal amount of time and material will be necessary to clean bus properly upon return to the garage, the Company, at its option, may require additional cost to cover such additional time and materials.
28. ADDITIONAL: Lakefront Lines, Inc. and their affiliates act solely as agents in all arrangements with transportation, hotel/motel properties, air, rail, ship companies, taxis, automobile contractors and as such hold themselves free of any and all responsibility for any delay, loss, or accident occasioned by fault or negligence of any company or person entrusted with such service or from whatever cause. Tour rates do not include items of personal nature, laundry, valet service, alcoholic beverages, meals not included in the package, shopping and the like. We anticipate no changes in published tours, but reserve the right to alter the schedule, change the routing, or substitute places of accommodations if and when considered advisable, for the comfort and welfare of the passengers. Any additional expenses involved shall be borne by the passenger. Rates are based on tariffs at the time of printing and subject to change without notice. The right is reserved to cancel any tour prior to departure and in such case, all payments will be refunded without further obligation on our part. The right is also reserved to decline, accept, or retain any person as a member of these tours at any time or place.
The following information explains our policy regarding any personal information you may supply to us when visiting Lakefrontlines.com.
You can generally visit our web site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information, including your e-mail address. Lakefront does not collect personally identifiable information about individuals except when such individuals specifically provide such information on a voluntary basis, such as when requesting a brochure, tour pricing or accessing our bus schedule application. Lakefront will not share e-mail addresses nor any information submitted by a user when accessing our web site with anyone outside Lakefront nor will Lakefront disclose user information to any third party. Our web servers do automatically recognize your domain name when you visit our site, and this information is aggregated and used to measure statistics regarding the use of our site, such as the number of visitors, average time spent on the site, pages viewed and similar information. This information is likewise not distributed to or shared with third parties.
Lakefront may use the information it gathers for its own internal purposes. Lakefront’s goal in collecting personal information online is to continually improve the content of our web site and to offer consumers with products that best meet your preferences and desires. Lakefront may use the personal data you voluntarily provide online to contact you with information about new products and services, or offers that we feel may be of interest to you. However, we will protect your online information in the same manner that we protect our passenger information obtained through other means.
Lakefront Lines, Inc. © 2015 All Rights Reserved.
Lakefront Lines, Inc. considers its compilation of links to Internet resources, the description of those resources and the information contained within Lakefront’s web site to be copyrighted material. You are not authorized to copy, reproduce or modify any portion of Lakefront Lines Inc. web site without prior written authorization.
The name of Lakefront Lines Inc. (“Lakefront”) and its trademarks, service marks, patents and copyright material may not be used in advertising or publicity without specific, prior, written permission of Lakefront. Lakefront reserves the right to bring any civil action in Cleveland, Ohio, arising from the improper or unauthorized use of this web site, including for infringement of its trademarks. Lakefront makes no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the use of the links provided; does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, usefulness or adequacy of any resources, information, apparatus, product or process accessed via this web site; and is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the resources or information accessed via this Home Page or for the results obtained from the use of such resources or information. If you have reason to believe that any person, company or business has violated Lakefront’s trademark rights or infringed Lakefront’s copyright-protected material, please notify the Trademark Administrator or the Legal Department at Lakefront’s Cleveland, Ohio, offices either by telephone or by e-mail in the Contactspage of this web site.
Consumer Protection Plan
The NTA Consumer Protection Plan (CPP) becomes applicable in the event that a NTA Tour Operator Member is declared bankrupt. The CPP then applies to qualifying Consumer deposits or prepayments which were made to the bankrupt NTA Tour Operator Member for a prearranged group tour. The CPP also applies to a Consumer’s qualifying deposit or prepayment for a prearranged group tour which was placed by a travel agent on behalf of that Consumer with a bankrupt NTA Tour Operator Member. Effective January 1, 1997, the CPP’s liability for qualifying Consumer’s losses is limited to $250,000 per bankrupt NTA Tour Operator Member with a maximum limit for all losses being the total assets of the CPP from time to time. The acceptance of Consumers’ claims by the CPP is strictly governed by the terms and conditions of the CPP and nothing contained herein operates as a waiver or limitation of any right or defense available pursuant to the CPP.
For further information regarding the terms and conditions of the CPP or a copy of the CPP, or to verify this operator is a member in good standing with NTA, contact the NTA Consumer Protection Plan, P.O. Box 3071, Lexington, Kentucky, 40593-3071.